gcnewsgazette.com

Caneyville home lost to fire

Brittany Wise Reporter

7 months 17 days 6 hours ago |1100 Views | | | Email | Print

A Caneyville family has lost their home just days before Thanksgiving in an early morning blaze on Monday, Nov. 25.


According to Second Assistant Chief Marion Mudd with the Caneyville Fire Department, a call came in of a Hopewell Road house fire at approximately 4:30 a.m.


Caneyville Fire Department had extinguished the flames within fifteen minutes of arriving on scene, Mudd said. He suspects that the house is a total loss, though.


“They might be able to recover a few clothes, but there was a lot of heat damage, and water and smoke damaged everything,” Mudd said.


Caneyville Fire Department was assisted by Leitchfield Fire Department, and the scene was cleared within four hours.


First Assistant Chief Tim Duvall with the Leitchfield Fire Department said that the flames were largely contained in one room of the residence, but smoke escaped into the attic and the rest of the home, causing a great deal of damage.


“We suspect it was electrical,” Mudd said of the source of the fire, “but we can’t say 100 percent.”

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Weather

Sponsored By:

Local Gas Prices

Lowest Gas Prices in Leitchfield
Leitchfield Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com

Featured Business


Community Directory