Last updated: July 11. 2014 11:29AM - 302 Views
By - mlasley@civitasmedia.com

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

The Leitchfield Fire Department responded to a report of smoke at God’s Way Church in Leitchfield on Thursday evening, July 10.

Church-goers arrived at God’s Way Church, located at 307 W. Market St., for the regular mid-week church service, smelled smoke, and called the fire department, according to a church member.

Shortly after 6 p.m. on Thursday, the LFD was called to the scene.

First Assistant Leitchfield Fire Chief Tim Duvall said the smoke was caused by a ballast that had burned out.

Firefighters unplugged the ballast, and, Duvall said, it would be replaced the following day.

No other damages were reported.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Leitchfield Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com