Ready, set, vote!
The nominations are in, and voting has begun to select one non-profit organization to receive $2,500 in free advertising from The Grayson County News-Gazette and it’s parent company, Civitas Media.
14 community organizations have placed their names on the ballot, and voters will decide which five groups move on to the second round of voting. To vote for your favorite group, simply log onto www.MyOwnLeitchfield.com, click the contest link at the top, right corner of the page, and go to the ‘Vote’ tab.
Each of the participating groups have included a description of what their organization does for the community so that voters can make an informed decision before casting their ballot for one of these deserving non-profits.
The first round of voting will take place from now through Feb. 19. The top five vote-getters will be featured in an upcoming article in The News-Gazette, and will compete in a second round of online voting between Feb. 22 and March 12.
The non-profit organization which receives the highest number of votes during voting round two will be awarded the grand prize. The winning group will be announced at a special nominee luncheon to be held March 22.
The organizations currently on the ballot include:
- The Grayson County Humane Society,
- The City of Leitchfield Tourism and Convention Commission
- Grayson County Tourism
- Western Kentucky Car Club
- The Master Gardener Association
- Grayson County Center for Women’s Ministries
- The Grayson County Alliance
- Better Business Bureau
- The Grayson County Rotary Club
- The Leitchfield Lions Club
- Tri-County CASA
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana
- Grayson County Band Boosters
- The Grayson Springs Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution
All online voting will take place at www.MyOwnLeitchfield.com, a new community website being launched by Civitas Media and The News-Gazette.
To find our more, feel free to call us at 270-259-9623 or visit www.MyOwnLeitchfield.com.