Fire breaks out in Leitchfield apartment


By Matt Lasley - [email protected]



Matt Lasley | GC News-Gazette The Leitchfield Fire Department responded to a blaze at an apartment on South English Street in Leitchfield on Monday afternoon.


A fire broke out in an apartment on South English Street in Leitchfield on Monday afternoon, March 13.

At around 1:04 p.m. on Monday, the Leitchfield Fire and Police Departments responded to 122 South English Street, Apartment 11 on a report of a fire in the kitchen area of the apartment.

Leitchfield Fire Chief Tim Duvall said the residents were cooking food on the stove when grease caught fire and spread to the cabinets.

Leitchfield firefighters extinguished the blaze within about five minutes, but the kitchen area sustained significant smoke damage, according to Duvall.

The living room of the apartment sustained some smoke damage, as well.

Ronald, Charletta, and Andrew Neubert, as well as a dog, were all inside the apartment at the time of the blaze, but no one was injured, Duvall said.

The South English Street apartments are owned by Jason Witten, according to Duvall.

Matt Lasley | GC News-Gazette The Leitchfield Fire Department responded to a blaze at an apartment on South English Street in Leitchfield on Monday afternoon.
http://gcnewsgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/web1_Apartment-Fire-1-1.jpgMatt Lasley | GC News-Gazette The Leitchfield Fire Department responded to a blaze at an apartment on South English Street in Leitchfield on Monday afternoon.

By Matt Lasley

[email protected]

Reach Matt Lasley at 270-259-9622, ext. 2015.

Reach Matt Lasley at 270-259-9622, ext. 2015.

comments powered by Disqus