Flames ravaged an SUV in the parking lot of Walmart on Thursday afternoon, April 21.
Leitchfield Fire Department (LFD) personnel responded to the scene of the fire at around 5 p.m. on Thursday and discovered smoke and flames emanating from a Ford Explorer, owned by Cliff Hazelwood, parked on the grocery side of Walmart.
No one was inside the vehicle at the time of the blaze.
Leitchfield Fire Chief Tim Duvall said the fire originated in the rear of the Ford when a bundle of electrical wires began rubbing together, overheated, sparked, and caught fire.
Flames quickly spread throughout the Ford, which suffered severe damages as a result.
No injuries were reported, and Leitchfield firefighters extinguished the blaze quickly.
LFD personnel cleared the scene at 5:27 p.m.
Reach Matt Lasley at 270-259-9622, ext. 2015.