The Leitchfield Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at Taco Bell on Sunday afternoon, Feb. 28.
The Leitchfield Fire Department (LFD) received the call at around 1:45 p.m. on Sunday and, upon arrival, found some smoke inside the restaurant, located at 801 South Main St. in Leitchfield.
Taco Bell employees evacuated the restaurant while LFD personnel investigated the smoke.
Leitchfield Fire Chief Tim Duvall said the LFD determined that the smoke began because Taco Bell’s heating and air systems overheated.
No damage was done to the restaurant, and LFD personnel shut off the main breaker to the heating and cooling system to have it serviced, Duvall said.
Taco Bell was closed for about 30 minutes during the incident, after which employees returned to work, according to Duvall.
LFD personnel cleared the scene at 2:29 p.m.