The Leitchfield Fire Department responded twice to flames at a Frontage Road residence on Saturday, Oct. 17.
The first call came in at around 5:35 p.m. on Saturday.
Leitchfield Fire Department (LFD) personnel responded to 702 Frontage Rd.—a Cockriel residence located in Leitchfield—and discovered smoke coming out of both ends of the home’s attic, according to Leitchfield Fire Chief Tim Duvall.
LFD personnel were able to contain the flames to the attic area; however, the living room and kitchen areas of the residence received smoke damage as a result of the fire, according to Duvall.
Duvall said firefighters were able to extinguish the flames and perform overhaul within about 20 minutes, and they determined that the fire was likely electrical in nature.
The LFD was called back to 702 Frontage Rd. hours later on Saturday evening and found flames smoldering under insulation, which firefighters extinguished.
No injuries were reported, and the residence can be repaired, Duvall said.
Reach Matt Lasley at 270-259-9622, ext. 2015.