Brittany Wise Reporter
December 13, 2013
Leitchfield Fire Department responded to a call from Communicare on Commerce Drive in Leitchfield on Thursday, Dec. 12.
According to eyewitnesses, flames were escaping from a ceiling fan in the facility’s restroom.
Andrew Haven and Rick Stephens, who were in the building at the time, said that the flames were extinguished by persons on the scene, but the fire department was called as a precaution.
The building also houses Condor USA as well as vacant space, but only the Communicare portion was effected.
Both businesses were evacuated as a precautionary measure.
Firefighters examined the scene and removed some fire-damaged material from the business.