Woman killed in parkway crash
KSP promotes two Grayson Countians
Elmore named Master Craftsman at Fair
Car explodes at Embry’s Furniture
High School Road renamed in McGhee’s honor
- Woman killed in parkway crash - 6:33 pm updated: 10:51 am.
- Detention Center Booking Report - 5:06 pm
- Leitchfield U of L student earns scholarship - 12:55 pm
- KSP promotes two Grayson Countians - 5:01 am
- ECTC expansion advances to next phase - 3:13 am
- Elmore named Master Craftsman at Fair - 2:45 am updated: 2:45 am.
- Beef Master Marketer Program - 5:09 pm
- Local man starts fundraiser to benefit police - 3:30 pm
- Nolin announces Family Camping Weekend - 1:08 pm
- Should you pay off your home mortgage early? - 2:22 pm
- Car explodes at Embry’s Furniture - 12:31 pm updated: 12:37 pm.
- Grayson to participate in BACKUPPS program - 2:58 am
- High School Road renamed in McGhee’s honor - 2:15 am
- Leitchfield adopts smoking ordinance - 1:05 am
- KSP Post 4 welcomes new Post Commander - 3:22 pm
- Red Cross Home Fire Campaign coming in October - 3:15 pm
- Weekend parkway crashes injure three - 12:22 pm
- TLRMC, Midway Pharmacy partner to help patients - 1:04 pm
- St. Paul School Orchestra: Breaking new ground - 4:49 pm
- Detention Center Booking Report - 4:45 pm updated: 4:45 pm.
- Fulkerson to celebrate 20 years of practice - 11:28 am
- Willen sworn in to Clarkson PD - 8:57 am
- Caneyville offers free smoke detectors - 3:45 am updated: 3:45 am.
- Military truck overturns on parkway - 5:58 pm
- Rough River announces winter drawdown - 4:10 pm
- Walk4Water raises over $10,000 - 3:36 pm
- Watson joins First United Bank - 3:21 pm
- Big Clifty woman arrested after crash - 11:34 am
- Kirk named Telecommunicator of the Year - 10:41 am
- Navigating your first year in retirement - 12:28 pm
- Manufacturing Week proclaimed at luncheon - 3:25 am
- 200 chickens killed in fire - 2:25 pm
- City, Industrial Development partner with Bel - 1:52 pm
- Crash on bypass injures two - 1:26 pm
- ‘The Dress’ – A new tradition is born - 12:11 pm
- GC Schools’ website receives national recognition - 12:10 pm
- Council OK’s Smoking Ordinance first reading - 3:37 am
- Hospital District sets tax rates - 2:34 am
- Leitchfield sets 2016 property tax rates - 1:53 am
- Crash on bypass injures two - 5:29 pm
- Two injured in Duff Road shooting - 4:53 pm
- Tackett pre-files Amendment exempting Veteran Organizations from property taxes - 3:46 pm
- A balancing act: Saving for retirement and education - 5:19 pm
- Missing teen found in Grayson County - 12:29 pm
- And they’re off - 3:37 am
- Utilities OK telemetry system upgrade - 2:57 am
- LPD participating in Drug Take Back - 1:28 am
- Bypass crash injures three - 10:13 pm updated: 2:37 pm.
- GCSO sees increase in calls for service in August - 4:31 pm
- Detention Center Booking Report - 1:35 pm
Should you pay off your home mortgage early?
Many people who carry a home mortgage dream of the day when they will no longer face the burden of a monthly house bill. They want the financial freed...
Car explodes at Embry’s Furniture
A car exploded in the Embry’s Furniture parking lot in Leitchfield on Wednesday morning, Sept. 21.At around 10:33 a.m. on Wednesday, the Leitchf...
Grayson to participate in BACKUPPS program
The Grayson County Fiscal Court on Friday, Sept. 16 voted to participate in a program that will give out-of-county, full-time sworn law enforcement of...
High School Road renamed in McGhee’s honor
In recognition of Elmer “E.E.” McGhee’s almost six decades with the Grayson County school system, the Grayson County Fiscal Court, o...
Leitchfield adopts smoking ordinance
The Leitchfield City Council, in a 4-1 vote, approved the second and final reading of the city smoking ordinance on Monday, Sept. 19.Following the Cit...
KSP Post 4 welcomes new Post Commander
On Sept. 1, Captain Matthew Johnson was assigned as Post Commander of Kentucky State Police Post 4, Elizabethtown.Johnson is a graduate of KSP Cadet C...
Lady Cougars win overtime battle, 3-1
In a marathon battle of two evenly matched teams last Tuesday in Hawesville, the Lady Cougar volleyball team outlasted the Hancock County Lady Hornets...
GC runs in Wildcat Wilderness Invitational
The Cougar cross country teams traveled to Franklin-Simpson High School last Saturday to run in the Wildcat Wilderness Invitational.With eight teams a...
Cougars shutout Campbellsville 2-0
The Cougar varsity soccer team got a pair of goals from sophomore Cody Watkins and the defense made them stand up for a 2-0 shutout win over the visit...
Wildcats keep Tobacco Stick, 42-6
After a promising start to the 2016 Tobacco Bowl, played in Brownsville, the Cougar football team gave up 42 unanswered points to the homestanding Edm...
Lady Cougars beat Muhlenberg 2-1
Getting a little revenge for an earlier loss, the Lady Cougar volleyball team came back from a first-set loss to win the last two sets against visitin...
July Food Inspections
Grayson County Health CenterFood Service Establishment InspectionsThe rating score of the establishment is determined by subtracting weighted point va...
TLRMC starts follow-up phone calls to check on patients
Patients discharged from Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center can expect an automated phone call soon after an inpatient admission or Emergency Visit.Th...
What does 20/20 mean?
It can be confusing to understand the standard way of reporting vision. Visual acuity is the measure of how someone sees.The most common way of measur...
Richard Lane Decker, age 50, of Leitchfield, passed away Friday, July 29, 2016.Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at ...
Aquatic Center hosts Disney Day
The Leitchfield Aquatic Center held their annual Disney Day on Saturday, July 23.With the sweltering heat, children and adults alike could enjoy the p...
AG slams door on open-government patriot
It’s disgraceful that the leadership in a government office where problems have grown like kudzu would force out its brightest light: a public s...
Amye Bensenhaver likes to talk. There’s no denying that. She’s talks fast, too, like she’s afraid she won’t be able to give yo...
Keen and constant vigilance
What a jewel we have in the Waterfront Park! This summer, I visited it frequently with my grandchildren, Maya age 7 and Tyson age 5. The Adventure Pla...
‘Original intent’ the right solution to Kentucky Wired boondoggle
The theory of original intent may be a legal concept in which judges ascertain what America’s founders really meant when they wrote the Constitu...
Kentuckians need to rally to lead nation in educational reform once again
We have a moral obligation to all of the commonwealth’s students to address the achievement gap and the implications it has on the future of our...
Navigating your first year in retirement
Like most Americans, you’ve probably spent years working to achieve the retirement of your dreams. Then there comes a point when this career mil...
A balancing act: Saving for retirement and education
How do you handle competing priorities when both may feel equally important? This is a question many face when it comes to saving for their own retire...
Would you neglect your most precious asset?
Besides loved ones, what do you consider your most precious asset? Most of us would say that good health is the most important thing we have. And with...
Helping graduates start on solid financial ground
With graduation season drawing to a close, many recent graduates are making their first major decisions about the future—where to live, which jo...
TLRMC receives state, national recognition
Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center has been recognized multiple times on both the state and national levels in the recent months.The Leitchfield hospi...
Prepare for these milestones as retirement approaches
Over a two-decade span ranging from ages 50 to 70-1/2, investors will face multiple milestone decisions that will likely impact their retirement savin...