Commission talks extending bypass utilities
American Legion supports Vietnam Wall replica
Grayson Manor introduces renovations, new wing
Fire closes S. Main McDonald’s
Caneyville approves roof work bid
- Detention Center Booking Report - 6:49 pm
- Sixth Sense eases students into middle school - 11:38 am
- Six pass Grayson County PVA test - 8:09 am
- Commission talks extending bypass utilities - 1:42 am
- American Legion supports Vietnam Wall replica - 1:29 am
- Grayson Manor introduces renovations, new wing - 1:12 am
- Fire closes S. Main McDonald’s - 2:09 pm
- Fiscal Court discusses vehicles, alerts and gates - 1:49 pm
- Why consumer spending matters to the economy - 4:29 pm
- Caneyville approves roof work bid - 4:45 am updated: 4:45 am.
- Grand Jury indicts 18 - 3:21 am
- City OK’s first reading of alcohol ordinance - 2:29 pm
- Applications available for Post 81 Art Fair - 11:20 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Home invasion leads to fatal shooting - 11:43 am
- Detention Center Booking Report - 1:17 pm
- Hospital holds bomb drill - 2:09 am
- School Board gives Robinson raise - 2:08 am
- Deal likely to raise Caneyville water rates - 2:03 am
- Summer Reading “Book Olympics” begin - 1:40 am
- Pokémon Go craze hits Leitchfield - 1:07 am
- Clarkson to conduct Highway Safety Checkpoints - 4:25 pm
- ECTC participating in “Express Enrollment” July 18-22 - 4:31 pm
- GC Republicans to select PVA candidate - 4:02 pm
- ECTC offers Parent Orientation Sessions - 1:19 pm
- Determining the true cost to relocate - 12:42 pm
- What is legal blindness? - 12:05 pm
- SKYCTC announces Spring 2016 Dean’s, President’s Lists - 11:59 am
- Clarkson racing grant deadline - 9:37 am
- Ducking Hunger Regatta kick-off held - 2:14 am
- Hagan named Fiddle Festival Queen - 1:43 am
- Chaffins looks back at first year - 1:09 am
- Scammer posing as GCSO deputy - 1:53 pm
- First Baptist celebrating Under the Big Top - 12:45 pm
- Utilities mull building new water plant - 8:41 am
- City honors outgoing shelter volunteers - 5:38 am
- Repair Affair applications available, volunteers needed - 2:32 am
- Criminal Justice Policy Council holds first meeting. - 2:12 am
- Beef Field Day held despite storms - 1:22 am
- Grayson County FFA member wins Farmers’ Choice in photo contest - 2:51 pm
- Nolin campgrounds closed for high water - 12:12 pm
- Semi burns on South Main Street - 1:31 pm
- PVA exam to be given - 12:50 pm
- Saving lives with LifeSaver App - 1:10 pm
- Budgeting for a blissful wedding - 11:43 am
- Leitchfield to celebrate 150th on July 15 - 2:09 am
- Mid-Park celebrates 40th anniversary - 1:39 am updated: 2:02 pm.
- UPDATED: Man drowns at Rough River - 2:37 pm updated: 12:11 pm.
- Clarkson approves 2016-17 budget - 5:37 am
- Alliance awarded tourism grant - 4:12 am
Caneyville approves roof work bid
The Caneyville City Commission on Friday, July 15 accepted an over $82,000 bid for work on the roof of the Caneyville Purple Flash Community Center.Th...
Grand Jury indicts 18
Meeting on Friday, July 8, the Grayson County Grand Jury handed down indictments on 18 individuals.Cody T. Sermon, 23 of Lawrence Hayes Rd., Caneyvill...
City OK’s first reading of alcohol ordinance
The Leitchfield City Council heard and approved the first reading of the City of Leitchfield Alcohol Beverage Control Ordinance on Monday evening, Jul...
Applications available for Post 81 Art Fair
The American Legion Post 81 is accepting applications for its first Art Fair this coming September.The Art Fair will be Sept. 10 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m....
RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech
The Ohio delegation to the Republican National Convention received a visit from “Down Under” during its kickoff breakfast Monday.Australia...
Home invasion leads to fatal shooting
A Leitchfield man was shot and killed after forcing his way into the residence of his ex-girlfriend on Saturday evening, July 16.At approximately 9:22...
Cougars drop pair at Meade County
So far this summer, the Cougar basketball team has made a habit out of playing well, but coming up short at the end of games.It happened again last Tu...
Cougar tennis hands out awards
At the recent 2016 Tennis Awards Picnic, held at the James D. Beville City Park, head coach Sherry Vincent asked the question - What matters most outs...
Split squad drop three at Iroquois
Playing games with a split squad, the Cougar basketball team played four games on Saturday at Iroquois High School, in Louisville.While perhaps not co...
Lady Cougars facing tough summer schedule
Through Thursday, the Lady Cougar basketball team had played a total of six games. Of those games, one was against the defending state champion, anoth...
Cougars split a pair at home
Hosting three teams for summer games at Cougar Gym last Wednesday afternoon, the Cougars split a pair of games.In the opener, Grayson County got 26 po...
Cougars to hold basketball camp
Cougar head basketball coach, Kelly Carwile, has announced he and his team will be hosting the Kelly Carwile Boys Individual Basketball Camp at GCHS.T...
Bulldog alumni hold annual banquet
Rough River Dam SRP’s Conference Center was the scene of a gathering of Leitchfield High School (1909-1974) alumni for their 58th annual banquet...
Bluegrass Opry is July 15
An exciting night of bluegrass music is coming up this week at the Grayson County Bluegrass Opry. In addition, the Opry is announcing a change of date...
Jessica Escue, 28, of Falls of Rough and Mathew Hayes, 31, of Leithfield were wed at a private ceremony Saturday, June 25th at the James D. Beville Pa...
4-H Green and Proud!
Grayson County 4-H is proud to announce that Paloma Falcon was elected as the 2016-2017 Kentucky 4-H State Treasurer at 4-H Teen Conference during the...
Keith and Stacy Cooper of Burkesville, KY, are pleased to announce the upcoming marriage of their daughter, Hannah Jo Cooper to Bradley John Burkhart....
Community and faith help Kiper through cancer
Rachel Kiper relaxes on one of the lounging chairs at the Leitchfield Aquatic Center, watching a few children from church after a Beachgrove Church re...
Unions’ wage-hike hypocrisy reaches dizzying heights
Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton backs a federal minimum-wage hike from the current $7.25 per hour to $12 per hour and prai...
Lessons from the military
Last Thursday, I had the privilege of hosting the American Legion “Boys State” at the Capitol in Frankfort. Every year, rising high school...
The new MIND diet may help prevent Alzheimer’s
Dear Savvy Senior,I’ve heard that there’s a new diet that can help prevent Alzheimer’s disease. What can you tell me about this? My ...
Transparency spawns taxpayers’ trust
When an Oregon judge five years ago refused to block release of individual retirees’ pension information to the public via The Oregonian newspap...
Simple smartphones for seniors
Dear Savvy Senior,Can you recommend some smartphones that are specifically designed for seniors? My 75-year-old mother is interested in upgrading from...
Bathrooms to broadband: Government control is out of control
Are Washington’s policies these days regarding everything from bathrooms to broadband intentionally designed to systematically trash the constit...
Budgeting for a blissful wedding
You’re planning for the perfect wedding, but will you put the same amount of attention into planning your wedding budget? Knowing how much money...
Mid-Park celebrates 40th anniversary
This year marks Mid-Park Inc.’s 40th year in business. The metal manufacturing company that works with gate hardware has expanded from a small p...
Five tips for buying your first home
Are you dreaming about moving into your first home? While home hunting can be exciting, the process of buying a home can be somewhat challenging. Purc...
Fort Knox Federal hosts Backyard BBQ
Fort Knox Federal Credit Union hosted its second annual Backyard Barbecue in appreciation of its members on Monday, June 20, 2016.The barbeque consist...
Ease into retirement by becoming a consultant
An increasing number of baby boomers who want to scale-back from their nine-to-five job, but aren’t ready to fully retire, are discovering a per...
Bank of Caneyville hopeful with planned merger
The patrons of the Bank of Caneyville can expect some changes in the future after the bank announced its decision to merge with McLean County-based Sa...